def

I was made to be wide-eyed all the days of my life.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Beginnings, Direction.



Directions


[Janurary is a reorientation month- reevaluate, respond, redirect. I'm asking the question "where am I?" and maybe more importantly
"Where am I going? To which end do I head? Who am I running to and allowing to rearrange the common moments of my Tuesday afternoons? What's True North?"
Eugene Peterson says that "The Christian life is a long obedience in the same direction."
It's a long, joy filled, heart wrenching obedience in the same direction. Christ is True North. Hold fast to Him, Laura.




This year,
give me ears to hear
the words that you speak.
And obey.
Give me ears that hear and obey.


"... And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left..."
Isaiah 30

No comments:

Post a Comment