def

I was made to be wide-eyed all the days of my life.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Weekends are for Remembering

"Remember oh man, that you are dust, and to dust you will return."


Easter weekend is for remembering.

Ah, Holy Jesus
Ah, holy Jesus, how hast Thou offended,
That man to judge Thee hath in hate pretended?
By foes derided, by Thine own rejected,
O most afflicted.
Who was the guilty? Who brought this upon Thee?
Alas my treason, Jesus, hath undone Thee.
’Twas I, Lord Jesus, I it was denied Thee.
I crucified Thee.
For me, kind Jesus, was Thy incarnation,
Thy mortal sorrow, and Thy life’s oblation;
Thy death of anguish and Thy bitter passion,
For my salvation.
Lo, the Good Shepherd for the sheep is offered;
The slave hath sinned, and the Son hath suffered;
For our atonement, while he nothing heedeth,
God intercedeth.
Therefore, kind Jesus, since I cannot pay Thee,
I do adore Thee, and will ever pray Thee.
Think on Thy pity and Thy love unswerving,
Not my deserving.


Though he was God, 
he did not think of equality with God 
as something to cling to. 
Instead, he gave up his divine privileges;
he took the humble position of a slave
and was born as a human being. 
When he appeared in human form, 
he humbled himself in obedience to God 
and died a criminal's death on a cross.
Philippians 2:6-8

1 comment: