def

I was made to be wide-eyed all the days of my life.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing

Over the past few days I've been reading through Sally Lloyd-Jones' newest work, Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing.
It's a children's book- a devotional of sorts- with simple stories and whirling words and truths about Christ that will make your heart...sing.

Today I read a page and a story about a girl and a slave and a friendship and should very much like to share it with you.
 Go purchase the book for the child in your life and then another one for the child in yourself.

___________________________________________________________________

"Freed!" By Sally Lloyd-Jones

"There is a story from the American Civil War of a Northerner who bought a young slave girl at a slave auction. As they left the auction, the man turned to the girl and said, "You're free!"

 She turned to him in amazement. "You mean, I'm free to do whatever I want?"

 "Yes," he said.

 "And to say whatever I want to say?"

 "Yes, anything."

 "And to be whatever I want to be?"

 "Yes!"

 "And even go wherever I want to go?"

 "Yes!" He laughed. "You're free to go wherever you'd like!"

 She looked at him intently and replied, "Then I will go with You."

Madison  Arboretum
[Jesus said] "I no longer call you slaves...Now I you are my friends." John 15:15(NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment